Brett Myers career as a Philadelphia Phillie may be over, his season was cut short by injury and if Brett and the Phillies don’t see eye to eye on contract negotiations for 2010 and beyond we may have seen the last of Mr. Brett Myers in Philly pinstripes. Today, Jamie Moyer will get another chance to win something that very few pitchers do: 250 Wins as a Major League pitcher. Luckily for Moyer he is healthy and not suffering the same fate as Myers is now, for that could be a career ending injury for Moyer if it were to happen to him.
When we speak of ‘The Chase for 250’ it is really a press manufactured headline, not one that Moyer goes beating his chest about ever. In fact, Moyer has continually said, “It’s not about me, it’s about the team.” That is the kind of guy Moyer is, a stand up classy player who puts the team first. However just for fun and entertainment lets look at some stats for Jamie and his long MLB career:
Jamie Moyer stats
- Born- November 18, 1962
- Drafted by the Chicago Cubs 6th Round 1984 amateur draft
- MLB Debut June 16, 1986
- First Win June 16 1986, he beat Steve Carlton and the Phillies 7-5 at Wrigley Field for the Chicago Cubs – attendance 20,614
- Current Lifetime record as of Saturday May 30 2009 - 249-190
- Lifetime ERA 4.23 as of May 30 2009
- 593 games started as of May 30 2009
- 2274 strikeouts as of May 30 2009
- 23rd season in the MLB
- Last season for the Phillies 16-7 3.71 ERA for season
Hopefully this is ‘the’ game for the milestone and Jamie can start towards 300 wins next!